A Look Back At Hope Anglican Oscoda
The work began during the hot and humid days of summer, with a promise, a desire to conduct the first worship service in the Old Church on Christmas Eve at Christ's Mass. With only 10 days to go, the promise is being kept. Invitations have been sent out. Descendants of members from long ago have been invited to share in a community celebration of Jesus birth. The altar, absent from its place for almost a decade, has been returned, as well as the octagonal pulpit and communion rail. O Come All Ye Faithful, Joyful And Triumphant. Hope Anglican Church, the oldest church building in the county, is open again.
Built by immigrants during the lumbering days of the 1880, The Swedish Lutheran Church survived the great fire, the only church and one of only a handful of structures in town to do so. Closed as an active Lutheran parish over 6 years ago, the old church was re-born as the home of the Emmanuel Mission Church, which took the name Hope Anglican Church to honor the building's history and to honor the faithful people of God of long ago.