Saturday, February 19, 2011

Update From Tanzania

Dear friends and family,

May the peace of Christ be with you.

We have completed the second full week of teaching here in Mwanza. It has been a very busy and good week here. We have been studying "The foundations of sacred scripture", a course which examines the history of how we got the Bible, some basic elements of Bible study, and an overview of each book of the Bible. The class continued to be very attentive and "came with me" very well.

Last week I mentioned that what they lacked in knowledge, they made up for in enthusiasm. However, I should make it clear that the students know their Bible very well and are very sharp. If I accidentally misquoted a verse or contradicted myself, they would catch it immediately and point it out. This was good, for it meant I had to stay alert!

At this point our plans are to travel with Bishop Kwangu to Geita on this Saturday to join Fr. Francis. He has finished teaching his class there. We will stay to attend church on Sunday morning and return together to Mwanza that afternoon. Fr. Francis will be joining me for my final day of teaching on Monday. Tuesday will be a day of goodbyes and preparation for our return. Wednesday morning we will begin our long journey homeward. I expect to be home next Saturday evening.

The food here has been quite good actually. Mostly rice, potatoes, veggies, greens, tomato soup, beef or chicken, and fruit. I don't want to scare off any potential missionary teachers! I have received great care here and the people I have had contact with have all been very friendly and helpful.

Once again, thank you for your interest and prayers. God is at work and it has been a very good trip so far. I hope to send out a final report after I arrive home.

Peace, Nathan Dunlap

No comments:

Contact Information

11195 S. Grayling Rd.
Roscommon, MI 48653

Telephone: 586-264-6044
msjanglican "at" yahoo.com