Monday, October 21, 2013

Humility

As shared by The Rt. Rev. Frederick Fick, Father General, Missionary Society of St. John during the MSJ gathering - Oct. 17-19, 2013:



“Humility is perfect quietness of heart. It is to expect nothing, to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me. It is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or despised. It is to have a blessed home in the Lord, where I can go in and shut the door, and kneel to my Father in secret, and am at peace as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and above is trouble.” 
― Andrew Murray

  • Andrew MurrayWriter
  • Andrew Murray was a South African writer, teacher, and Christian pastor. Murray considered missions to be "the chief end of the church." Born: May 9, 1828, Graaff-Reinet, South Africa 
    Died: January 18, 1917, Wellington, South Africa  
    Education: University of Aberdeen,Utrecht University
  • No comments:

    Contact Information

    11195 S. Grayling Rd.
    Roscommon, MI 48653

    Telephone: 586-264-6044
    msjanglican "at" yahoo.com